Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Working on the Second edition front cover - Photo Shop

For the second edition things changed a lot...
I had a very clear vision of the model (mid-shot) surrounded by cold colours.
Unfortunately I had some problems with the background as The photographs had poor quality due to the camera settings which I could not change.

Here is my work process...

I started again with the flat plan just to lay out the text and make sure is similar.



So I lied out the text and I was not sure if the Front cover gives the continuity I needed to highlight on both editions.
Therefore, I compared  the first front cover and what I had now in front of me.


Looking at the previous front cover I realised that I need to make some changes to the second edition, as the headline is not obvious enough on the second edition and it doesn't look similar.
I changed the position and font of the text and made the headline more visible so that the consumers can pick up the idea that the image relates to the model on the cover. In this case having a male model (young designer- that has a secret weeding) on the front cover.




Now I felt mode confident with the way the text was layed out. I was happy that there was a similarity between the different editions.

The last things I did were the little details such as the bars and text on the left side(plugs).
I added the bar code and the website as well as changing the price and date position.



Here I added the background that I originally had in mind and I was ready to use, but the image was blurred and I am not happy using this shot.











However I will recreate it as soon as possible. 
I am planing now to have a light background that will enable me to keep the black text and have a nice result. 
This is not the final front cover but this is what I had in mind from beginning. 




I managed to find some time to take pictures of the same model, and make sure that the camera resolution is better this time.


Here are the shots:






Now I could use the new photographs to replace the original background. 
I kept the same layout but I wasn't happy with how it turned out so I changed the colours and moved things around.

I changed the photograph later and changed many details in the text, for example I capitalised most of the text and changed their original position.
This is the final front cover for the second edition for Liberty.

I choose to have a White background and some Red text to emphasise the winter/Christmasy theme.
To give it a more dramatic effect I decided to turn the image with the model black and white.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Statement of intent

How do you intend to use the four areas of the media theoretical framework to communicate meaning and meet the requirements of your c...