Thursday, January 10, 2019

Working on WIX

For the website I have thought of creating a new fresh website but as I made a website on wix while doing my research I decided to keep the layout created previously and just add my own articles and images.

I have to admit the more I worked on the little details the more complicated it seem to be.
I gave up to having a slide gallery which I had previously on the previous web page and used a different gallery.
Here you can see the top part of the home page I have been working on.
At first you can see the name of the article but when you put the mouse or finger onto it it shows the main image of the article, I took inspiration from Vogue Italia website which has a similar layout

After this, I decided to add some articles similar to how Vogue would do.


This is my version, I decided to only have 3 articles.
I opt for simplicity.

I had some problems linking the page with the articles... 
Thus I decided to make the menu bar functional and have an article for each one of them.


I realised I needed more details so I have played around with wix until I was pleased.


Here you can see what I have done so far.





After working on the website and being happy with what I have done, I only had to edit the video I have planed before. 
as it turned out it took longer than I expected. 

For the video I first recorded it in the school studio, but I was not confident enough with how it looked. 

Here you can see a little preview of  the studio recording. ( I was also in the recording as I was trying to do some make up and rehearse with the subject)
At some point I was in the frame asking questions, but I had a problem with staying serious knowing I  was filming and things may not go as planed as i had to start the camera and record and only hope for the best.... and so I became camera shy... 






I decided not to use the footage from the studio because the subject was not focusing on the camera and the sound wasn't very good as it was filmed in school and it contained background noises from other students.

I then took the camera and filmed in my own time while being at home. 
Unfortunately I couldn't find a good place to film, so I went into the underground parking as the acoustic was good and it was a quiet place with a nice white - brick wall. 
After editing the video I have realised that there were still some background noises, but it was still better than the previous video. 

I had some trouble editing the video, but I am happy with the results especially because it was almost under time conditions and it turned out to be OK. 

Here you can see the final video: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Statement of intent

How do you intend to use the four areas of the media theoretical framework to communicate meaning and meet the requirements of your c...