Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Working on the Second edition - Contents page - Photo Shop

For the contents page I wanted to show a similar continuity as in the first edition of the magazine (LIBERTY).
As previously I have used the flat plan to help me layout the text and images.

Since the main story on the cover is referring to a wedding I decided to have a photo of a woman/girl dressed in white. that will link to the wedding concept mentioned on the front cover.



 I also followed the main Idea that was carried from the first edition of the magazine, having a main image and other 2 small ones.
On the flat plan the two images were meant to be related to the contents listed but I couldn't manage to get  a saddle bag from Dior so I took the images from their website and the other image was meant to have a model and non-conventional make-up, once again I couldn't find anyone in such a short time that would come for the shoot and allow me to use the photos.  so I used the images of the saddle bag.

I wasn't very happy with this look for the contents page...
so I tried a different image.

This image was a lot better, as it would not cover the face of the model as well as not showing the whole face of the model since I wanted it to link with the headline on the front cover "Toni's SECRET WEDDING", as we ca see the model is modest not looking straight into the camera but showing her make up and hair done as for a wedding which shows continuity and cohesion.




Moreover, I have decided to remove the image with the bag and legs on the right side as it was already too much of the bag on just one page. 
so I added a special issue for the subscribers of the magazine and how the other cover looks like. 




As you can see on this contents page of ELLE magazine they have put on the contents page the covers of the special issues for their subscribers.
I took inspiration from this and I have used the previous image as the cover and added the masthead LIBERTY. 









This is the final Contents Page for the second edition of the LIBERTY magazine-









No comments:

Post a Comment

Statement of intent

How do you intend to use the four areas of the media theoretical framework to communicate meaning and meet the requirements of your c...